Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn Sunlight on Hayes Common

Sunlight through the trees on Hayes Common, 6 October 2013.
Sunlight through the trees on Hayes Common, 6 October 2013.
 When I go for a walk, there is usually a point at which I find I am smiling because my surroundings are so pleasant.  This morning it was here, in the woods of Hayes Common.

The leaves are just starting to change colour and some have fallen, but most are still on the trees.  The air is cool and refreshing, and the morning sun slants through the branches and silhouettes them.  Sunbeams light up irregular patches of ground.

Sunlight through the trees on Hayes Common, 6 October 2013.
Sunlight through the trees on Hayes Common, 6 October 2013.
And interesting root formations are highlighted.  These photos were taken with my iPhone 5s, and reduced in size but not cropped.  I did lighten the foregrounds very slightly in Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment