Saturday 5 December 2015

Pond Wood

The pond in Pond Wood, Hawkwood Estate.  28 November 2015.
The pond in Pond Wood, Hawkwood Estate.  28 November 2015.
I was interested to see a small wood called Pond Wood on the Hawkwood Estate, which is attached to Petts Wood.  The map shows a path circling round inside the wood, probably to look at the pond, I thought.  So I had a walk round the estate and took that path.

There is another path along the edge of the wood, but this one does indeed go around the pond.  The weather had been wet and the path was steep and slippery, probably dangerously so. 

The pond in Pond Wood, Hawkwood Estate.  28 November 2015.
The pond in Pond Wood, Hawkwood Estate.  28 November 2015.
This shows where the pond empties into a stream that flows down into the Kyd Brook. 

Yes, this is a very short post, but I had a couple of nice iPhone shots of the pond!  I like reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment